Tuesday, November 9, 2010

ITB!

ITB. Three nasty letters! I first experienced ITB syndrome a couple of years ago after a run with my old neighbour. We went up a steep bridge, and on the way down the tight feeling hit my right knee immediately. Over the next 48 hours it was swollen so badly I could barely bend it.

I got my shoes last night, and woke up this morning at 5:30 excited to get out for a run. Everything was great, then at about the 4 km mark, after going up a flight of stairs and a short incline, I felt that same ITB feeling again. I kept going, hoping it would pass. It didn’t. I finished my 5K in 23:17, but couldn’t have gone much further if I wanted to. The last 500 metres were a struggle.

So today I’m trying to find a doctor so I can get a referral for physio and/or massage treatment. In the meantime I have talked to a couple of other runner friends and they say the same thing: take some time off to let it heal and then get back into it slowly. I should have started slower this morning. Stupid stupid stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment