Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Suffer for fashion

Ok I got an appointment with a doctor for next Tuesday, and I’ve been stretching in the meantime. Also, I’m going to play soccer on Saturday...I know it’s not the best idea but I have to see what happens.

I haven’t had any pain while walking or going up stairs since Wednesday evening. So I’ll see what the doctor says next week and hopefully I can resume my training next weekend. I need to run 10K so Rob can do a real training plan for me.

On another note, I was in Starbucks this morning and saw a couple of runners sitting at a table. One of them was wearing an NYC Marathon warm-up jacket, which was impressive. But the really notable part was that they were both wearing one of those miner headlights. They looked like knobs! Why are runners so fashion-conscious? Why do they need to wear fancy gear and warm-up jackets showing off their latest runs? Why can’t they just wear t-shirts, shorts and, if it gets cold, sweaters?

No comments:

Post a Comment